This Alaska tour is a dream come true for value-minded travellers seeking to experience Alaska's breathtaking scenery and thrilling experiences. You'll start and end your tour in Anchorage and also have overnights in Denali National Park and Valdez. In between destinations, you'll have the opportunity to witness scenery unlike anywhere else, with untamed wilderness and exciting wildlife sightings.
A tour highlight is your cruise across the striking Prince William Sound. Witness the three-mile face of the Mears Glacier as you keep your eyes open for marine wildlife, such as otters, seals, and whales, all while you admire stunning glaciers. Another tour highlight is your journey to Talkeetna, a quaint town exemplifying small-town Alaska, from Anchorage, aboard the Alaska Railroad. On this train trip, you’ll travel through gorgeous wilderness and understand Alaska’s allure. Two nights in Denali National Park gives you the opportunity to explore this amazing park, home to six million acres and North America's highest peak (20,310-foot Denali). Perhaps go for a hike or participate in an optional outing, such as a wilderness tour to seek out grizzly bear, moose, caribou, and more. But that’s not all… on this Alaska holiday, you’ll witness stunning views as you travel over the top of Thompson Pass, where you’ll admire unforgettable scenery, and into Alaska’s interior across the Denali Highway. The Denali Highway is a seldom-travelled road through true wilderness with frequent wildlife sightings.
You’ll embark on your Alaskan cruise in Whittier and cruise the magnificent Inside Passage. Watch for seals lounging on the calved ice from Hubbard Glacier and orcas (killer whales) that patrol the waters here. Dock in Skagway and imagine the gold prospectors who braved the winters here. Explore its shops and saloons along the wooden walkways of this historic Alaskan town. Sail for Juneau—the Alaskan capital and home to Mendenhall Glacier on the Gastineau Channel. Visit Ketchikan along the rugged Tongass Narrows on the fjords of the Inside Passage with its rich cultural sights of the Native Alaskan cultures. Continue south through the spectacular Inside Passage from Misty Fjords National Monument to famed Glacier Bay National Park & Preserve. It is along this course of true wild beauty that humpback and killer whales may be spotted as well as bald eagles above or brown bears on the shore. Disembark in Vancouver with tales of the Alaskan wilderness to tell.
With magnificent scenery, opportunities to witness wildlife in its natural environment, and awe-inspiring experiences, this Alaska tour is a once-in-a-lifetime holiday!
- Adventure is knocking with everything you need for perfectly affordable touring. Cosmos includes hand-selected accommodations, guided sightseeing, and seamless transportation between destinations—with value-minded travel lovers in mind. Explore with expert Cosmos Tour Directors and Local Guides, and private, first-class, air-conditioned motorcoach. Enhance your free time to explore like a local with your CosmosGO mobile app!
- Journey on the Alaska Railroad from Anchorage to Talkeetna and a cruise on Holland America’s MS Nieuw Amsterdam or MS Noordam is included.
- Cruise itineraries are provided by Holland America Line and are up to date at time of publishing. Your travel documents will contain the most current information.
- Your package price includes Holland America’s ‘Have It All Premium Cruise Package.’ Included for 2024: Signature Beverage package, $100 Shore Excursion Credit, One dinner in a specialty restaurant and Surf Wi-Fi package
- At least one member of the travelling party must be 21 years of age or older.
- Wildlife in Alaska is often seen in early season (May-early June).
- Visiting and participating in activities in these locations is subject to weather conditions.
- Enjoy the spectacular changing hues of Alaska on our special Fall Foliage departure: September 3 (if Mother Nature permits).